Write for the AUA | Opportunities
Are you interested in creating content for the AUA, but not sure where to start? Creating content for the AUA is a membership benefit so take advantage today. Develop your CPD by writing a blog, share your career journey in HE to support the CPD of others within the AUA community or create a ‘How to’ guide to help develop the skills of your fellow HE colleagues.
AUA blogs are opinion pieces, sharing of best practice and documentation of experiences. If you have a subject you would like to write a blog about, we want to read it. All we ask is that it is around 500 words, relevant to the membership and that it fits into one of these three core outlooks:
- Policy, me and my role: what is your opinion or experience of the impact of policy on your role or on HE administration and management more widely? What can others learn from you?
- Professional development: knowledge, ideas and tools for furthering a career in higher education and enriching your experience of being a HE professional.
- My AUA: covering everything that the AUA has to offer, brought to you from members who have experienced it first-hand.
It’s all about you. How did you get where you are today? What brought you to HE? What can we learn from your journey?
AUA Career Stories are always a popular read. From the senior to the new starter, reading about someone’s unique career journey can offer invaluable insight into the the world of HE professionals. The AUA only exists because of our greatest resource, our members; and these personal stories are a window into the human side of the AUA.
If you’re interested in telling your career story, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll supply you with a list of questions to answer. If you’d like to view our published blogs, please use this link.
‘How to…’ guides
Do you have a specific skill you think would be useful to share with the AUA community?
This is a new opportunity giving you the chance to showcase your expertise. We would welcome either short videos or written guides and examples could include:
- How to get the most out of Microsoft Teams
- How to effectively record minutes
- How to prepare for an interview
If this is something you’d be interested in, please contact email@example.com to discuss this further.