AUA Annual Conference EDI Bursary
As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, we are pleased to introduce a bursary scheme for AUA members who would not ordinarily be able to attend the AUA Annual Conference due to lack of funding. If you would like to find out more about our EDI commitment, please visit this page.
To be eligible to apply for the bursary, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are domiciled in the UK
- You are unable to secure funding for a place at the conference
- You have not attended an AUA Annual Conference in the past three years
- You are an AUA member at the time of applying and will remain a member until at least the dates of the Annual Conference
As part of the application process, you must be able to address the following:
- How you identify as a member of an underrepresented group
- How attending the Annual Conference would benefit your professional development
- How your attendance could and/or would be used to develop others
- That you will be able to attend the full conference
If you are selected as one of the successful candidates, you must be willing to contribute to AUA content in the form of writing a blog and/or taking part in a post-event interview talking about your conference experience, tapping into and supporting your local network or a themed forum and/or delivering a workshop session at a future AUA conference.
A panel will review the applications and award places based on the listed criteria. If you are selected as one of the successful candidates, you must be willing to contribute to AUA content in the form of writing a blog and/or taking part in a post-event interview talking about your conference experience.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 28 April 2023
If your application is successful, you will receive:
- Full attendance at the AUA Annual Conference
- £200 towards your travel/accommodation
Terms and conditions
Members who have or will secure funding from their HEI for attendance are asked not to apply to enable those without funding an opportunity to attend. Applicants who have already made a conference booking which was invoiced to an HEI will not be considered.
Sponsorship is available only for the Annual Conference in the year of application and cannot be transferred to any other event.
The AUA shall not be liable for any additional costs relating to attendance. Receipts will be required for the travel and accommodation bursary in line with the AUA expenses guidelines up to a maximum of £200.